Window Security - Solution Finder 006
Why You Need to Secure Your Windows
Burglars will often target windows to gain access to properties as they are generally easier to access than doors. This is why protecting your windows is essential.
How to Secure Windows
- Ensure that windows are fitted with strong locks and remember to lock them when the property is empty or when you go to bed.
- Use high security window glass, especially on the ground floor. Various options exist including security film, laminated window glass, double and triple glazing, tempered glass, plexiglas or polycarbonate. For ultra high security, bullet proof glass can be used.
- Install internal or external window security bars. These present a formidable barrier and an effective visual deterrent. While they may not be a favoured option in a private home they are highly effective in securing commercial and industrial premises as well as outbuildings, sheds and garages. See our range of low cost, highly effective window security bars.
- Install window sensors to detect whenever a window is opened and create an alert.
- Use motion triggered lighting. Burglars like to work unseen so illumination acts as an immediate deterrent.
- Install security cameras. Motion triggered floodlights are very effective when used in conjunction with security cameras.
- Install window opening restrictors which allow ventilation and prevent children from accidentally falling out through the window, but prevent access. Be certain that they can’t be unlocked from outside.
- Grow thorny plants around your windows. This is an old tactic which is still highly effective as burglars working under the cover of darkness are likely to be painfully surprised by your thorny shrubbery.
Remember that we are here to help. If you have any questions about how to improve your window security give us a call on 01273 475500.
Click here to return to: Back to top
Advice & Solution Finder index page